Google Ads Is Trialing New Lead Form ExtensionsGoogle Ads is trialing a new way that businesses can capture customer information with the new Lead Form Extension.
In the screenshot, you can see how the new extension works from the Ads dashboard. It is intended to attract customers with a compelling call to action which is only accessible after submitting the lead form. This means that the form shows on the search ad itself. The new extension will be displayed primarily in mobile results pages. With 80% of traffic coming from mobile devices, this update will help brands reach the next billion internet users.
The form can be customised with a unique title and description and you can set what information you would like to collect from the customer. This may be:
Advertisers can deliver on their call to action by way of a website link or a direct download. Google support pages also indicate that these extensions can be integrated into an advertiser’s CRM by way of a web hook.
There are support pages which suggest that lead form extensions in Google’s search ads are a beta feature which only some businesses are eligible for.
How does it benefit the marketer?
- Form ads can pull in high quality leads due to the intent of users who submit them.
- It eliminates the need to go to a website’s landing page to complete a form – this provides the benefit of speed and convenience.
- With 80% of search occurring from mobile devices, the extension is optimised for on-the-go users.
- The form is easy to configure without the need for a development team.
- It allows campaigns to go live immediately and with limited tech / CRM integrations.
How does it benefit the consumer?
- The forms load faster and give a better user experience.
- Forms are typically pre-filled with the user’s information which makes it more streamlined for the user to submit the form.