The use of mobile devices to view websites has never been higher. In fact, mobile use has recently outstripped desktop use in many places. This means that every website, regardless of its goals or audience, will benefit from a display that works great across different screen sizes and on various devices. By ensuring that responsive web design is a key feature of on all your website projects, you are maximising your customers access to your online investment.
To put it simply; if your website is not responsive, you are not serving the needs of your online customers today or in the future.
What is responsive design?
Responsive web design makes your pages look good on all devices (desktops, tablets, and phones). Responsive web design is about using CSS and HTML to resize, hide, shrink, enlarge or move the content to make it look good on any screen. After all, a web page should look good and be easy to use, regardless of the device!
Reasons to go responsive
- Google penalises the search rankings of websites that are NOT mobile-friendly.
- Increased traffic and decreased bounce rates.
- Increased conversion rates from mobile users.
- Future-proofing because the layout responds to the screen size of any device, past, present or future.
- Responsive web design is now the industry standard for mobile display.
- A single SEO campaign rather than managing a separate campaign for a standalone mobile site.
- Easier long-term content maintenance than using additional standalone mobile sites.
Download “Building a Responsive Design Website” to read more about the advantages of responsive design.